Equality, diversity, and inclusion matters at the UKHSA. Our ethos is to be an inclusive organisation for all our people and stakeholders, where everyone can thrive, and our people are at the centre of what we do.
We are committed to create, nurture, and sustain an inclusive and respectful culture, where differences drive innovative solutions to meet the needs of our workforce and wider communities.
We do this through embracing the diversity of thought, celebrating EDI, valuing, and protecting differences by removing bias barriers and leveraging equity to promote equality of opportunity for all across the UK and globally.
We are award winners and members of numerous diversity partnerships to ensure we benchmark good practice and learn from others to grow and improve on Equality, Diversity and Inclusion. Some of our partners are below:
- Employers Network for Equality and Inclusion (ENEI) – covering topics relevant to all e.g. gender, disability, age, LGBT+, faith and belief.
- Purple Space - the world’s only networking and professional development hub for disabled employees, network and resource group leaders and allies from all sectors and trades.
- Working Families Top 30 Employer – our commitment to being flexible and family friendly
- Disability Confident Scheme – Level 3, ‘Disability leader’
- Women in Science and Engineering member to increasing the participation, contribution and success of women in science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM) in the UK.